YOU AGREE THAT BY USING THE SITE AND THE SERVICES YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND YOU ARE LEGALLY ABLE TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT.
LegalFormExchange.com provides an online legal portal to give visitors an opportunity to purchase legal forms from attorneys involving a wide array of practice areas. To that extent, the Site includes general information on commonly encountered legal issues, at no time do we draw legal conclusions, provide legal advice or apply the law to the facts of your particular situation. LegalFormExchange and its Services are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney.
LegalFormExchange strives to offer for sale legal documents that are accurate, current and up-to-date. However, because the law changes rapidly, LegalFormExchange cannot guarantee that any of the information on the Site is completely current or that the documents for sale are consistent with the laws of your jurisdiction or will serve the purpose for which they are purchased. The law is different from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and may be subject to interpretation by different courts. The law is a personal matter, and no general information or legal tool like the kind LegalFormExchange provides can fit every circumstance. Therefore, if you need legal advice for your specific problem, or if your specific problem is too complex to be addressed by our tools, you should consult a licensed attorney in your area.
From time to time, LegalFormExchange may perform certain attorney access services and introduce our visitors to attorneys through various methods, including but not limited to (i) legal plans, (ii) third party attorney directory listings, (iii) third party limited scope agreements and (iv) third party attorney referral services. At no time is an attorney-client relationship fostered or created with LegalFormExchange through the performance of any such services.
This Site is not intended to create any attorney-client relationship, and your use of LegalFormExchange not and will not create an attorney-client relationship between you and LegalFormExchange. Instead, you are and will be representing yourself in any legal matter you undertake LegalFormExchange's legal document service.
When you open an account to use or access certain portions of the Site or the Services, you must provide complete and accurate information as requested on the registration form. You may also be asked to provide a user name and password. You are entirely responsible for the maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You may not use a third party's account, user name or password at any time. You agree to notify LegalFormExchange immediately of any unauthorized use of your account, user name or password. LegalFormExchange shall not be liable for any losses you incur as a result of someone else's use of your account or password, either with or without your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by LegalFormExchange, our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents and representatives due to someone else's use of your account or password.
- Ownership. This Site is owned and operated by LegalFormExchange.com, LLC. All right, title and interest in and to the materials provided on this Site, including but not limited to information, documents, logos, graphics, sounds and images (the "Materials") are owned either by LegalFormExchange or by our respective third party authors, developers or vendors ("Third Party Providers"). Except as otherwise expressly provided by LegalFormExchange, none of the Materials may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, displayed, transmitted or distributed in any way and nothing on this Site shall be construed to confer any license under any of LegalFormExchange's intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. See the "Legal Contact Information" below if you have any questions about obtaining such licenses. LegalFormExchange does not sell, license, lease or otherwise provide any of the Materials other than those specifically identified as being provided by LegalFormExchange. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by LegalFormExchange.
- Links to Third Party Sites. This Site may contain links to websites controlled by parties other than LegalFormExchange (each a "Third Party Site"). LegalFormExchange works with a number of partners and affiliates whose sites are linked with LegalFormExchange. LegalFormExchange is not responsible for and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the availability, contents, products, services or use of any Third Party Site, any website accessed from a Third Party Site or any changes or updates to such sites. LegalFormExchange makes no guarantees about the content or quality of the products or services provided by such sites. LegalFormExchange is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Third Party Site. LegalFormExchange is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by LegalFormExchange of the Third Party Site. You acknowledge that you bear all risks associated with access to and use of content provided on a Third Party Site and agree that LegalFormExchange is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with a third party. You should contact the site administrator for the applicable Third Party Site if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on any such Third Party Site.
- License to Use. LegalFormExchange grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use our forms (the "Forms") for your own personal, internal business use, or if you are an attorney or professional, for your client. Except as otherwise provided, you acknowledge and agree that you have no right to modify, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, alter, enhance or in any way exploit any of the Forms in any manner, except for modifications in filling out the Forms for your authorized use. LegalFormExchange has the right (but not the obligation), in our sole and absolute discretion, to edit, redact, remove, re-categorize to a more appropriate location, or otherwise change any User Content. LegalFormExchange reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and to cancel user access at any time.
- Rights and Responsibilities of LegalFormExchange Users or Other Posters of User Content:
You are legally and ethically responsible for any User Content - writings, files, pictures or any other work - that you post or transmit using any LegalFormExchange service that allows interaction or dissemination of information. In posting User Content, you agree that you shall not submit any content:
- that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- that infringes anyone's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy.
- that violates any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, antidiscrimination, or false advertising).
- that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing, or advocates or encourages illegal conduct harmful to any individual, partnership or corporation.
- that includes advertisements, spam, or content for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- that includes information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, or other contact information;
- that contains any computer virus, worms, or other potentially damaging computer programs or files;
Under United States federal law, you retain copyright on all works you create and post as User Content, unless you choose specifically to renounce it. In posting a work as User Content, you authorize other members who have access to that service to make personal and customary use of the work, including creating links or reposting, but not otherwise to reproduce or disseminate it unless you give permission for such dissemination.
You grant LegalFormExchange a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, sell, distribute, and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium, or technology throughout the world without compensation to you. You have the right to remove any of your works from User Content at any time.
You are not required to provide your real name when signing up as a user of LegalFormExchange. LegalFormExchange permits anonymous or pseudonymous accounts. Any user may request that such member's email address be hidden to provide for additional privacy.
Ratings and reviews will generally be posted in two to four business days.
By submitting your email address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that LegalFormExchange may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.
- NO WARRANTY. THE SITE AND ALL MATERIALS, DOCUMENTS OR FORMS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, LEGALFORMEXCHANGE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
LEGALFORMEXCHANGE MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: (A) THE SITE OR THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) THE SITE OR THE MATERIALS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, OR ANY MATERIALS OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE, WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE OR IN RELIANCE ON THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
OBTAINING ANY MATERIALS THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND AT YOUR OWN RISK. LEGALFORMEXCHANGE SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE.
- Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless LegalFormExchange, our officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of the Site and the Materials.
- Unsolicited Submissions. Except as may be required in connection with your use of LegalFormExchange Services, LegalFormExchange does not want you to submit confidential or proprietary information to us through this Site. All comments, feedback, information or material submitted to LegalFormExchange through or in association with this Site shall be considered non-confidential and LegalFormExchange's property. By providing such submissions to LegalFormExchange you hereby assign to LegalFormExchange, at no charge, all worldwide right, title and interest in and to the submissions and any intellectual property rights associated therewith. LegalFormExchange shall be free to use and/or disseminate such submissions on an unrestricted basis for any purpose. You acknowledge that you are responsible for the submissions that you provide, including their legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and content.
- Compliance with Intellectual Property Laws. When accessing LegalFormExchange or usingLegalFormExchange's legal document exchange service, either as a provider or as a purchaser, you agree to obey the law and you agree to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service and the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright, trademark and other intellectual property ownership. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit or otherwise distribute any information or content in violation of any third party's copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any content you provide or transmit or that is provided or transmitted using your LegalFormExchange user account.
LegalFormExchange has adopted a policy that provides for the immediate removal of any content, article or materials that have infringed on the rights of LegalFormExchange or of a third party or that violate intellectual property rights generally. LegalFormExchange's policy is to remove such infringing content or materials and investigate such allegations immediately.
- Notice. LegalFormExchange has in place certain legally mandated procedures regarding allegations of copyright infringement occurring on the Site or with the Service. The Company has adopted a policy that provides for the immediate suspension and/or termination of any Site or Service user who is found to have infringed the rights of the Company or of a third party, or otherwise violated any intellectual laws or regulations. The Company's policy is to investigate any allegations of copyright infringement brought to its attention. If you have evidence, know, or have a good faith belief that your rights or the rights of a third party have been violated and you want the Company to delete, edit, or disable the material in question, you must provide the Company with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail): (1) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (2) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site; (3) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material; (4) Information reasonably sufficient to permit the Company to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, email address; (5) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (6) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. The above written information must be sent to our registered Copyright Agent:
c/o Legal Form Exchange, LLC
32 South St.
Red Bank, NJ 07701
Counter-Notice. If you believe that your Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in your Content, you may send a written counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent: (1) Your physical or electronic signature; (2) Identification of the Content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the Content appeared before it was removed or disabled; (3) A statement that you have a good faith belief that the Content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the Content; and (4) Your name, address, telephone number, and email address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Los Angeles, California, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement. If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, the Company may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed Content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the Content provider, member or user, the removed Content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at the Company's sole discretion.
- Compliance with Export Restrictions. You may not access, download, use or export the Site or the Materials in violation of United States export laws or regulations or in violation of any other applicable laws or regulations. You agree to comply with all export laws and restrictions and regulations of any United States or foreign agency or authority and to assume sole responsibility for obtaining licenses to export or re-export as may be required. You acknowledge and agree that the Materials are subject to the United States Export Administration Laws and Regulations and agree that none of the Materials or any direct product therefrom is being or will be acquired for, shipped, transferred or re-exported, directly or indirectly, to proscribed or embargoed countries or their nationals or used for any prohibited purpose.
- Copyrights. All Site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2011-2013, Legal Form Exchange, LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- Trademarks. LegalFormExchange and LegalFormExchange.com, all images and text, and all page headers, custom graphics and button icons are service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress of LegalFormExchange. All other trademarks, product names and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners.
- Inquiries. BY USING LEGALFORMEXCHANGE'S SERVICES OR ACCESSING THE LEGALFORMEXCHANGE SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THAT SUBMITTING YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER TO LEGALFORMEXCHANGE VIA THE LEGALFORMEXCHANGE SITE CONSTITUTES AN INQUIRY TO LEGALFORMEXCHANGE, AND THAT LEGALFORMEXCHANGE MAY CONTACT YOU AT THE NUMBER SUBMITTED EVEN IF SUCH NUMBER APPEARS ON ANY STATE OR FEDERAL DO NOT CALL LISTS (TAKING INTO ACCOUNT INQUIRY EXCEPTION TIME FRAMES AS APPROPRIATE).
- General Practices Regarding Use and Storage. You acknowledge that LegalFormExchange may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Services, including without limitation the maximum number of days that data, schedules, calendars, or other uploaded content will be retained by LegalFormExchange, the maximum number of messages that may be sent from or received, the maximum size of any message that may be sent from or received by an account, the maximum disk space that will be allotted on LegalFormExchange's servers on your behalf, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access the Site in a given period of time. You agree that LegalFormExchange has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages, other communications, or other content maintained or transmitted by the LegalFormExchange.
Updated October 1, 2011